1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-P3 loupe viewfinder

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Village Idiot, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    Does someone make a loupe that goes over the screen on the E-P3?

The shoulder rig I have for my 5D MKII has one that fits over the LCD screen so you can see to film with it like a video camera. Does someone make something like this for the E-P3?

I'm Googling right now and not seeing much.

2. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    I have been using a "ClearViewer" on my E-P1 for a couple of years and I find it very useful and I always keep it on. It folds flat when not is use. Here is the link: ClearView Product page . But wouldn't a VF-2 or VF-3 be a better solution since you have the E-P3?

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There is also the Hoodman Loupe for 3" screens, which includes cinema kits. Widely available, even from the front counter of my local camera store.
    HoodLoupe 3.0-Hoodman Corporation

Have you actually tried the loupe from your 5DII on the E-P3? Chances are it will also fit.

4. Village Idiot

Nov 28, 2011
    I want something I can still trigger a pocket wizard with, which requires a shoe or a pc port. Does the E-P3 have a pc port? I don't get home for another hour, so I won't be able to see it until then.

The loupe for the 5DII was part of the rig, IIRC. I haven't used it in a while.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Ah, I see. I thought it might have been more of a "kit". Most of the video loupes for DSLRs are generic and will fit the PENs as well. Moreso the E-P3 than the E-PL3 or E-PM1 though, because the E-P3 uses the standard aspect 3" screen (4:3), whereas the E-PL3 and E-PM1 use a wider aspect 16:9 screen... so although it's still 3" diagonal it's longer and shorter.

Strange isn't it, that a camera which shoots in 4:3 aspect would be the first to adopt a 16:9 aspect on the LCD, before all the other cameras do which shoot at 3:2? lol.

6. Village Idiot

Nov 28, 2011
    Aspect ratios are annoying. Shooting with live view on a 3:2 DSLR has lines showing the 16:9 ratio for video that you have to look through to shoot 3:2 photos. HD DVD or Blu ray, right?