E-P3 in stock

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by krugorg, Jul 19, 2011.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I just noticed that Amazon is showing the E-P3 in stock at J&R (17mm kit), 17th Street Photo and H and B Digital.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    That's great... hopefully that means the silver and silver + kit lens combos won't be far behind. At least one can hope :tongue:
  3. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Hope it is really in stock and not "we think the shipment from Olympus will be here tomorrow" stock. =) I went ahead and ordered one from J&R.
  4. ckrueger

ckrueger Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    I just got a shipping notification from J&R on my black 14-42 EP3 kit! Looking at the calendar I'm now wishing I had paid for something faster than Ground shipping!

Time to hammer on UPS' tracking page!
  5. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Anyone have a feel for resale value of the two kit lenses? I probably won't keep any lens from the kit, so the better value lens should be my choice for the kit. eBay seems to indicate the 17mm goes for more than the 14-42 II. The 'R' is only different cosmetically, but might command a higher price since it's only available from the new kits.

6. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    It's only available with the kits now, but I'd bet that in a month or two it'll be fir sale separately just like the markII version was only available with the e-pl2 originally.
  7. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I didn't get a shipment notification from J&R, so I gave them a call this morning. It looks they must have been optimistic on their stock level... customer service said it looks like next week for my order.
  8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    So wait - they indicated to you that it was IN stock (either on the phone or web), you ordered it based on that information and THEN they tell you it's not actually in stock?? That's the kind of place I'd steer clear of. Or do I have this wrong?

9. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Yes, they indicated they had product in stock, both on Amazon and on their own website.

I have placed orders with J&R with no issue in the past, so not sure what happened here. No harm, no foul from my perspective - they had not charged my card and were easy to get a hold of and cancel the order.

17th Street Photo is still showing stock on the 17mm kit version, but their reseller ratings did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I am going to wait for BH, Adorama or Amazon direct to get some stock.