E-P3 clicking video noise?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by antipodeco, Nov 6, 2011.

1. antipodeco

antipodeco New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2011
    Hi all,
    When playing back videos on the EP3 camera, there is an intermittent clicking noise that develops. It is quite audible and appears to be coming from the rear speaker. I downloaded the videos onto my pc, but thankfully the sound isn’t on the videos.

So it appears to be a playback issue on the camera. Has anyone else had this problem? I've just sent my camera back to olympus for servicing. hopefully they can sort it out!

2. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    What lens are you shooting with? Some of the shutters on the Panasonic lenses are known to make clicking noises when mounted to the E-P3.

3. antipodeco

antipodeco New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2011
    Just the standard olympus kit zoom.

But as I said, the noise isn't on the video file itself. The video, when downloaded to the PC is fine. So I dont think it's the lens.

The noise is only heard when playing the video back on the camera itself. And for some reason, it only appears after playback has taken place after a couple of minutes... so either it's a longish video or after replaying the video a couple of times.

4. antipodeco

antipodeco New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2011
    Just received my camera back. Pretty quick, sent it on monday and its back with me on friday. They didn't say what caused it but the circuit board was replaced and then the camera recalibrated. Tested it and the noise is gone. Phew.