1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

e-p3 B&H price change?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hexagondun, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hexagondun

Hexagondun New to Mu-43

Aug 12, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I was on B&H's website this past Monday, Jan. 30th, and when I added an e-p3 17mm kit to my shopping cart the price was $799; tonight, not only is the silver 17mm kit unavailable, but all the prices have risen again to $899. Does this sort of thing happen just like that, overnight? On monday night I was psyched as I thought there had been a drop. I've also heard of folks - amazon reviewers, i.e. - getting the 17mm kit for $799. What's going on?

Thanks for any insight!

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    End of Olympus' holiday-and-after rebate (it's been $800 since mid December) plus low availability thanks to the floods in Thailand limiting some components.

Once the parts issue is solved and we move into spring I expect prices will start to drop again.

DH

3. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    i know.. luckily i got in literrally 4 hours before i changed.. i know because i went back on trying to cancel for a different kit than the one i got....

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Prices vary. Unique Photo was selling the EP3 for $699 with the 14-42 for quite a while - maybe they still are??? I'm sure once the OMD is around a little while, the EP3 will drop some.

-Ray

5. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    tetzu
    the price drop will be back as soon as the new body is introduced. imo

6. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    on a side note.. will BH honor a price adjustment to my EP3 kit if the price does drop?

7. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    tetzu
    Yes. It is on the website look it up, I believe you have 30 days to claim from the date of purchase.

8. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I found both 14-42 and 17 kits with E-P3 for $699 before christmas, so I would think it should happen again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.