1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

e-p3 B&H price change?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hexagondun, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hexagondun

Hexagondun New to Mu-43

Aug 12, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I was on B&H's website this past Monday, Jan. 30th, and when I added an e-p3 17mm kit to my shopping cart the price was $799; tonight, not only is the silver 17mm kit unavailable, but all the prices have risen again to $899. Does this sort of thing happen just like that, overnight? On monday night I was psyched as I thought there had been a drop. I've also heard of folks - amazon reviewers, i.e. - getting the 17mm kit for $799. What's going on?

Thanks for any insight!

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    End of Olympus' holiday-and-after rebate (it's been $800 since mid December) plus low availability thanks to the floods in Thailand limiting some components.

Once the parts issue is solved and we move into spring I expect prices will start to drop again.

DH

3. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    i know.. luckily i got in literrally 4 hours before i changed.. i know because i went back on trying to cancel for a different kit than the one i got....

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Prices vary. Unique Photo was selling the EP3 for $699 with the 14-42 for quite a while - maybe they still are??? I'm sure once the OMD is around a little while, the EP3 will drop some.

-Ray

5. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    tetzu
    the price drop will be back as soon as the new body is introduced. imo

6. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    on a side note.. will BH honor a price adjustment to my EP3 kit if the price does drop?

7. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    tetzu
    Yes. It is on the website look it up, I believe you have 30 days to claim from the date of purchase.

8. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I found both 14-42 and 17 kits with E-P3 for $699 before christmas, so I would think it should happen again.