1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P3 Autofocus Zones

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mcumeda, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    I trade gear a lot, and I recently acquired a beautiful silver E-P3. I had an E-P3 before, and the autofocus zones on my previous E-P3 were plentiful. I remember reading there are 35 zones, which seemed about right. I also recall being able to select any of those 35 zones. And the zones were pretty small.

Well, on my new E-P3, when I try to change the autofocus zone, there are only 9, and the autofocus zones are huge. I read the manual, and I cannot figure out how to change the autofocus zones. I need some help!

2. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    I figured it out. I feel like an idiot!

3. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    So what did you have to do?

4. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    No! Don't feel like that. It's the Olympus Owners Manual writers who are the idiots.

5. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    There is a setting under the display settings, and then under the info/af symbol, and the under the af symbol settings. You can chose from 4, 9, 25, 100, and calendar. I am not sure what 100 and calendar do...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.