E-P3 Artistic mode

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jpplenissart, Sep 4, 2011.

1. jpplenissart

jpplenissart Mu-43 Regular

Except sometimes for Pop and Grainy B&W, I was not using so much artistic mode on my previous E-P2.

However, I was trying out my new 40-150mm lens (thx to the members that highlights the great "150$" deal in the US) on my E-P3, at work.

From the window of my office, there isn't an unforgettable view. But I found that the filter "dramatic tone" was so good to get a picture that you not shame to show around ;)

P9039241 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I like how you included the perspective of origin in the set. The art filter works well...going to try it more on the fly now.

Some intriguing new members lately, welcome to the forums!

3. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    If dramatic filter was a woman, I'd marry her.

4. jpplenissart

jpplenissart Mu-43 Regular

Thx a lot ! :smile:

:thumbup: That's a point of view !

5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i dunno
    im not into people full of drama in general ;)

6. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Using the Dramatic filter for better B+W

One trick I've learned is that the Dramatic filter manages difficult variations of contrast within an image very well, which can help you get a better B+W image in challenging light than by shooting in Monotone or with either of the Grainy filters. So, even if you think the faux-tone-mapping effect of Dramatic might not be appropriate for your final image, you can convert it to B+W later and salvage the shot. Example below. No post-processing was applied to the B+W image other than a straight grayscale conversion

Attached Files:

7. awatahurm

awatahurm Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2011
    I like the "Diorama" filter.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnshare/6115096550/" title="neighbor's-porch by awatahurm, on Flickr">"640" height="480" alt="neighbor's-porch"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnshare/6115095980/" title="bronze-cowboy-1 by awatahurm, on Flickr">"480" height="640" alt="bronze-cowboy-1"></a>