E-P3 AF Area

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by daum, Mar 10, 2012.

1. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    So I've set the AF area button to Fn1 so i can quickly shift between center focus and auto select focus for street shooting. The problem is, sometimes it doesn't switch to the other setting. It sometimes stay in center focus mode or auto select mode.

It's frustrating because i have to go in the menu and set it all up again and choose my area focus mode. Has anyone experience this problem?
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I just tested this. Interesting... looks like you found a bug lol.

If I'm at center focus when I turn off the E-P3, when I turn it back on it can still switch to auto select focus (e.g. use all the focus points).

If I'm at auto select when I turn it off, it stays at auto select when I turn it back on. Doesn't go back to center focus. I have to go back into the SCP to set the single focus point.
  3. ronymac

ronymac New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2012
    Try pressing the shutter button of the E-P3, and you'll find that the image comes into focus much faster than you've ever experienced before. Almost instantly, in fact.
  4. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Yes thats when I have it on center focus but sometimes if like to switch to auto select for street shooting so I don't have to compose and frame the shot. Just aim the camera while it's hanging near my chest and shoot. I get great shots and the subject didn't even know I took a pic.