E-P3, 75/300 vs Squirrel

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Aug 2, 2011.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

UPS got here today and this evening this little girl posed for me.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

50% crop, 1/30th sec, tripod, f/8, iso 400, 300mm

• Like Like x 8
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I have to say. At my house we're at war with the squirrels, so I don't look on them fondly.

That said. That is a terrific shot! Really nice detail, and crispness.

Good stuff.

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    They dig up my flower pots:mad: 

Great photo tho. Hand held?

4. nueces snapper

Thanks. Yeah they are hell on paws. I was shooting birds but they were too far away and when the squirrel showed up I was glad to have something 'big' show up in the frame. :biggrin:

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    When I first saw it, I immediately pictured it with the crosshairs of a weaver 3x9 variable scope on it.

That's usually the glass I view them through....:cool: 

6. nueces snapper

Thanks. No. I had it on a somewhat loose ballhead so I could follow action. I haven't tried hand held yet. :confused: 

7. nueces snapper

I gotta say, this is a sweet little setup. It's nice to have a nearly silent shutter again. I'm also pretty impressed with the IQ. Looking at images at 100% that could be printed as-is OOC makes me happy indeed. Really like the VF-2 as well. Feels right. Obviously getting used to the menu structure will take some time and remembering where changes can be made in a hurry is frustrating right now but I know these things take time.

8. Haw some folks handle the squirrels:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5-d3rZZ-_M&feature=related]‪Ultimate Squirrel Launching Compilation‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Some Canadians said their squirrels returned to ride again. As usual YMMV

• Like Like x 1
  9. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm considering an E-P3 and curious about your comment, nearly silent compared to what? (I have an E-P1, is it much different than that?)

10. nueces snapper

Sorry. I should have been more specific. :rolleyes:  I just sold my Nikon D3 and that thing sounded like a bunched up logging chain tossed onto a concrete floor in comparison. :biggrin:

11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good to see you working the 75-300 :cool: 

12. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    Seattle
    Well I'll be coming from a NEX5 which isn't much different from the Nikon but do want to get my hands on a 3!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.