1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P2 with 250/5.6 Rokkor mirror lens

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Wlodek, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Wlodek

Wlodek Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2011
    BC, Canada
    Hand held, this lens really needs a tripod.

[​IMG]"1024" height="810" alt="_2190456" /></a>[/IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    very good. appears unusually sharp and contrasty for a long mirror.
    be interested to know how far away the pigeon was, and what PP you applied (including crop, if any)

EDIT: hmm just looked at the price of these little sweeties ... not surprised the quality's there!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Very nice! This was one of my favorite lenses and the reason I owned a Minolta body with my Pentax equipment. I had a 3rd party 300/5.6 with my G1 but it was not half as good.

There is a rumor that Panasonic is working to get the 500/8 mirror lens redesigned for m4/3 and possibly even this 250/5.6. If they do I will be first in line as this would be great for hiking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wlodek

Wlodek Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2011
    BC, Canada
    Thank you all for the kind comments. There was very little PP on the photo: a bit of sharpening and curve adjusting in Camera Raw. No cropping. The pigeon was a fair distance; the lens magnifies 10X vs normal (25mm) lens.
    I had this lens for decades. Originally I converted it to a Nikon mount. Now with a Nikon converter on the E-P2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    .. am I the only one to see Two pigeons here? :smile: or maybe that's another sort, kinda hard to tell!

Great image BTW, a keeper lens for sure!

6. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    no (you're not the only one)

7. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I have to say that it is just a perfect shot and with that other bird in it is a plus....I saw it but had to read all the comments before I did...one comment...that sharp and hand held?? Just amazing!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. pana-animalartist

pana-animalartist Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    Northeast USA
    Great shot- love the other pigeon in the tube- I wonder if they nest in there?

Nice clarity with this lens.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I think its excellent saturated and sharp

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wlodek

Wlodek Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2011
    BC, Canada
    I actually noticed the second pigeon (looks like a youngster) only after I got the photo on the computer monitor.

11. Lili

Lili Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Awesome shot, superb IQ, Lighting and Composition
    Bravo!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.