E-P2 with 250/5.6 Rokkor mirror lens

Wlodek

Mu-43 Regular
Hand held, this lens really needs a tripod.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="810" alt="_2190456" /></a>[/IMG]

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
very good. appears unusually sharp and contrasty for a long mirror.
be interested to know how far away the pigeon was, and what PP you applied (including crop, if any)

EDIT: hmm just looked at the price of these little sweeties ... not surprised the quality's there!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Very nice! This was one of my favorite lenses and the reason I owned a Minolta body with my Pentax equipment. I had a 3rd party 300/5.6 with my G1 but it was not half as good.

There is a rumor that Panasonic is working to get the 500/8 mirror lens redesigned for m4/3 and possibly even this 250/5.6. If they do I will be first in line as this would be great for hiking.

Wlodek

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you all for the kind comments. There was very little PP on the photo: a bit of sharpening and curve adjusting in Camera Raw. No cropping. The pigeon was a fair distance; the lens magnifies 10X vs normal (25mm) lens.
I had this lens for decades. Originally I converted it to a Nikon mount. Now with a Nikon converter on the E-P2.

Wlodek

Mu-43 Regular
.. am I the only one to see Two pigeons here? :smile: or maybe that's another sort, kinda hard to tell!

Great image BTW, a keeper lens for sure!
I actually noticed the second pigeon (looks like a youngster) only after I got the photo on the computer monitor.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom