E-P2 w Kit zoom and EFV for $899 at Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Brian S, May 13, 2010.

1. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Amazon.com: Olympus PEN E-P2 12.3 MP Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens and Electronic View Finder: Electronics ir?t=mu43-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B002UXRG8Y.

I saw the heads-up on RFF, checked out the "what's in the Box" to make sure it was the full kit. $899.

Pulled the trigger on it. I can use it for adapted lenses, and My wife is sick and tired of batteries running out on the P&S.

Plus Nikki informed me that I am very 20th century. My camera "just looks old fashioned" and not like the ones her friend's parents use. The shame of an M8.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    I can do you a favor and take care of your M8 for you :D
  3. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    I would not want to burden anyone with the shame of such an old-fashioned camera, with the 50+ year old lenses on it.

I also still program in FORTRAN and Assembly on a DOS computer. Using WORDSTAR. But it pays well.
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

That's a good price - a month ago they were advertising a 'kit' minus the EVF for that price which I thought was a bit misleading. Still over $1400 in Oz.
  5. Brian S

Apr 11, 2009
    The EP2 kit just arrived, everything all there, works perfectly.

Of course it is pouring outside, and expected to continue for the next 2 days. I have some reading to do anyway, and the M-Adapter is on the way!

First Impression: The Electronic Viewfinder is amazing. This electronic viewfinder is as good as some of my SLR's, you would swear it was a reflex if it did not have the readouts. Amazing.

The M8 is "more natural" to me, but I can deal with it.

I wonder if Olympus thought of putting a command line interface on it? A USB Keyboard maybe? DOS Prompt?

So how many of you guys got in trouble with your wives or girlfriends when they turned the camera to "portrait" mode...
    "Who is THIS GIRL that you've been taking pictures of!"