E-P2 review

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Bill,

interesting comment by Uwe regarding EVF quality - I can't wait to see how much better it looks compared to my G1. Good to see progress there... if Panasonic and Olympus can solve the electronic shutter challenges, m4/3rds could leap beyond the DSLR design in terms of action photography. That would turn the industry inside out!

Not exactly a review though - hopefully we can get more impressions from early adopters here?

Cheers

Brian

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks Bill,

interesting comment by Uwe regarding EVF quality - I can't wait to see how much better it looks compared to my G1. Good to see progress there... if Panasonic and Olympus can solve the electronic shutter challenges, m4/3rds could leap beyond the DSLR design in terms of action photography. That would turn the industry inside out!

Not exactly a review though - hopefully we can get more impressions from early adopters here?

Cheers

Brian
Your G1??

I thought you were a died in the wool Olympus!! I have the e-P1.....I think that the guts of the camera are unbeatable...but....I had the e-P2 in my hands today and I think that I will have an E-P2 when I leave for England on April 30th....interested in a meet up...when....where.....I will be staying for most of my three weeks in London.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Bill,

I bought the G1 on release, to use with my Hexanon lens collection - you can't beat a great EVF for manual focusing... and the E-P2 having the best EVF and IBIS makes it very interesting!

Cheers

Brian

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi Bill,

I bought the G1 on release, to use with my Hexanon lens collection - you can't beat a great EVF for manual focusing... and the E-P2 having the best EVF and IBIS makes it very interesting!

Cheers

Brian

It is amazing that these fabulous cameras disappeared but the lenses live on. I remember well working in a camera store in the '50s and handling and selling Konicas, Minoltas and many other Japanese made single lens 35mm cameras that bodies and lenses were unequalled in quality and price at that time. It all brings back memories to me.

Novaron

Mu-43 Regular
The evf makes the Pen-2 an interesting possibility to add to my G-1. Only thing missing is a rotating lcd viewfinder as on the G-1. Itr would seem a bit easier on the body to carry a Pen2 along with my G-1 than a EOS 40-D and either body.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
At least the E-P2 EVF will tilt to the vertical... sounds like that's a popular feature.

Cheers

Brian

Dad3*3

Mu-43 Rookie
E-P2

I can attest to the quality of the EVF on the E-P2 which I just picked up a few days ago. I have an E-P1 and used my Voigtlander lenses with the Live View which worked quite well after I got the hang of it but...

The EVF on the E-P2 has made a world of difference with the Manual Focus lenses. No more zooming in, focus is very fast and the eye relief is fine if you wear glasses like I do.

If I am just using a Auto Focus lens in most situations I would probably still use the screen but in really bright light or with manual focus I'll have the EVF on the camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom