1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-p2 problems?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Mar 2, 2012.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I came across this store here in HK that is still selling the E-p2 for 464USD, probably the only one left with it still in stock as most chains and bigger stores all no longer stock it. Being from a smaller independent shop in a camera mall in HK, where their business practices are sometimes questionable, there is a chance it may be a refurb or a returned/damaged product which they are selling as new.

I know how to get to the service menu in PEN camera's and I can check the LCD and sensor and signs of wear, but other than that are there other things or issues specific to the E-p2 I can check or look at that may be an indication of previous misuse? AFAIK, there are no known issues with the E-p2 like the IBIS problem on the E-PM1 or E-Pl3, no red dot/flare issues like the E-pl2 but I've only done a few searches.

2. Bizzarrini

Bizzarrini Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2011
    The Netherlands
    For that price I wouldn't take any chances with a questionable dealer. Even Amazon is selling them at comparable price, so it's definately not an amazing offer.

3. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus loser Subscribing Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Here in Finland I saw one major dealer selling their last stock of E-P2 + 17mm 199 euros. Now that was tempting!

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Should be able to do better than that. Cameta has new (not refurb) E-P2 models for $300. They sell through eBay, but they're not the only ones to still have new stock (even though the E-P2 was discontinued more than 6 months ago).

DH

5. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks for the general price info and comparisons, however online purchases are not an option for me here and I do prefer buying directly form the store as opposed to waiting a few days for an order that may need returning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.