E-p2 problems?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Mar 2, 2012.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I came across this store here in HK that is still selling the E-p2 for 464USD, probably the only one left with it still in stock as most chains and bigger stores all no longer stock it. Being from a smaller independent shop in a camera mall in HK, where their business practices are sometimes questionable, there is a chance it may be a refurb or a returned/damaged product which they are selling as new.

I know how to get to the service menu in PEN camera's and I can check the LCD and sensor and signs of wear, but other than that are there other things or issues specific to the E-p2 I can check or look at that may be an indication of previous misuse? AFAIK, there are no known issues with the E-p2 like the IBIS problem on the E-PM1 or E-Pl3, no red dot/flare issues like the E-pl2 but I've only done a few searches.

2. Bizzarrini

Bizzarrini Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2011
    The Netherlands
    For that price I wouldn't take any chances with a questionable dealer. Even Amazon is selling them at comparable price, so it's definately not an amazing offer.

3. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Here in Finland I saw one major dealer selling their last stock of E-P2 + 17mm 199 euros. Now that was tempting!

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Should be able to do better than that. Cameta has new (not refurb) E-P2 models for $300. They sell through eBay, but they're not the only ones to still have new stock (even though the E-P2 was discontinued more than 6 months ago).

DH

5. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Thanks for the general price info and comparisons, however online purchases are not an option for me here and I do prefer buying directly form the store as opposed to waiting a few days for an order that may need returning.