E-P2 live view display concern

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
hey guys and girls,

I've only had my E-P2 for a day now, so I'm just getting used to it. But I already have a question. Whenever I'm using the camera in low light conditions, the live view display (in either the EVF or the LCD) is filled with a lot of white 'noise', very reminiscent of a tv set that needs its rabbit ears tweaked. It doesn't show up on photos at all, but it's a bit surprising to see as I've never noticed that on any other camera.

Is this common or do I have a defective camera?

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
I switched it off right after posting the question, and it helped a little, but the noise is still apparent in low light. So this is typical? I can live with it, but if no one else experiences it, I'd like to get it taken care of.

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Its typical of live view m43 cams, main thing is that AF works :smile::wink:

I switched it off right after posting the question, and it helped a little, but the noise is still apparent in low light. So this is typical? I can live with it, but if no one else experiences it, I'd like to get it taken care of.

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks. That's reassuring. I really am pleased with the camera, and AF works fine. So I'll stop focusing on that (ha) and get busy with picture taking.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How low is the lighting?

Are you using a manual lens, or the Kit lens?

I can use my EP2 at ISO 1600, F1.4, and 1/15th with the Nikkor. Nikki at the skating rink using "Disco-Lights".

Love that Avatar.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom