1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P2 live view display concern

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoeFriday, Jul 1, 2010.

1. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    hey guys and girls,

I've only had my E-P2 for a day now, so I'm just getting used to it. But I already have a question. Whenever I'm using the camera in low light conditions, the live view display (in either the EVF or the LCD) is filled with a lot of white 'noise', very reminiscent of a tv set that needs its rabbit ears tweaked. It doesn't show up on photos at all, but it's a bit surprising to see as I've never noticed that on any other camera.

Is this common or do I have a defective camera?

2. mauve

mauve Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
  3. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I switched it off right after posting the question, and it helped a little, but the noise is still apparent in low light. So this is typical? I can live with it, but if no one else experiences it, I'd like to get it taken care of.

4. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Its typical of live view m43 cams, main thing is that AF works :smile::wink:

5. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks. That's reassuring. I really am pleased with the camera, and AF works fine. So I'll stop focusing on that (ha) and get busy with picture taking.

6. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    How low is the lighting?

Are you using a manual lens, or the Kit lens?

I can use my EP2 at ISO 1600, F1.4, and 1/15th with the Nikkor. Nikki at the skating rink using "Disco-Lights".

Love that Avatar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.