E-P2 jpgs - the colours just "pop"

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BartonFlyer, Jun 27, 2010.

1. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Taken yesterday at Shobdon airfield in Herefordshire - I'm just so impressed with the way out of the camera jpgs just pop out at you -

For the plane enthusiasts, there's a Piper Cub, Two Nanchangs (Chinese Yaks) and two shots of a Yak with a superb paintjob - used the Vivid setting just to emphasize it a little more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Yes, those colours look real good. That's what I'm missing from my G1 at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Agreed about the jpeg colors and you've gotten some nice shots of these very cool airplanes.

I use the Vivid setting most of the time - I picked it up as a sort of "tip" from a essay of Kirk Tuck's on how he uses his PEN. I can't remember whether it was the E-P2 or E-PL1, not that it matters one bit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nokiamia

nokiamia Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Malaysia
    BBW, exactly the question I'd like to ask BartonFlyer.

BartonFlyer.... which setting did you use? Vivid or Normal? Your pics are amazing. You're right, the color just 'pops'!

• Like Like x 2
  5. BartonFlyer

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Thanks - the last two (the Yak with the new paintjob) were using the vivid setting, the other three normal.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Hey Barton Flyer I like them. Nice colours, nice compostition. My brother flies a bit so I've been to a few fly-ins and airshows with him. From experience it can be kinda tricky sometimes to get the aircraft to look good in a picture but you've hit the nail on the head by getting down low.

I'm curious about the fan looking thingo just behind the propeller on the nangchang? Does it turn with the propeller or is it fixed onto the aircraft frame? I gather that it is used to deflect the air to flow around the engine.

BTW do you fly at all? If you do what sort of aeroplane?

icon

• Like Like x 2
  7. BartonFlyer

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Thanks IconIndustries - Thanks for the comments.
    I think you're referring to to the engine cooling gills - closed until the engine & oil warm up then opened
    I do fly - a Cherokee 6 - Alliance Aviation - I've flown in Australia as well, visiting a pilot friend, we flew from Canberra to Maroochydore - great experience, the most amazing thing to me being just how far you can fly in a straight line - in the UK we have so much controlled airspace that you rarely fly long on any given track - flying between fuel stops in Australia was VERY different.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tomo

Tomo Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 24, 2010
    Queensland - Australia
    Great pictures Barton!

Love the Yak 11, lovely aircraft.

• Like Like x 2