1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P2 ISO loves to jump up

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by noodlehaus, Mar 15, 2010.

1. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Anyone else notice that when doing night/indoor shooting with the E-P2, it seems to love going for the highest ISO it's allowed to use, even with sufficient lighting? I did a test against the GF1 using the same lens (Pana 20mm f1.7) and while with the GF1, it's able to focus and take the shot at around ISO ~640, the E-P2 used my max ISO setting of 800 (this is my cap).

Or do you set the ISO yourself?

2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for posting this thread. The differences in ISO may be a software issue.
    I can't test, got just one G1 at home, which belongs to my wife...

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I generally use Auto ISO in Shutter Priority mode with legacy lenses - this way I decide the Aperture (on the lens barrel) and Shutter speed, apply any EV compensation necessary and let the camera choose the necessary ISO... other than that, I decide on Aperture and Shutter speed first, and then see what sort of ISO I need to get a good exposure.

If you're concerned about the automation doing something you don't want... take a little more control.

Having said that, iAUTO is a wonderful thing... forget about everything, point frame and shoot and relax - it does very well indeed for 'non-photography enthusiasts' :smile:

Cheers

Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.