E-P2 ISO loves to jump up

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Anyone else notice that when doing night/indoor shooting with the E-P2, it seems to love going for the highest ISO it's allowed to use, even with sufficient lighting? I did a test against the GF1 using the same lens (Pana 20mm f1.7) and while with the GF1, it's able to focus and take the shot at around ISO ~640, the E-P2 used my max ISO setting of 800 (this is my cap).

Or do you set the ISO yourself?

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks for posting this thread. The differences in ISO may be a software issue.
I can't test, got just one G1 at home, which belongs to my wife...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I generally use Auto ISO in Shutter Priority mode with legacy lenses - this way I decide the Aperture (on the lens barrel) and Shutter speed, apply any EV compensation necessary and let the camera choose the necessary ISO... other than that, I decide on Aperture and Shutter speed first, and then see what sort of ISO I need to get a good exposure.

If you're concerned about the automation doing something you don't want... take a little more control.

Having said that, iAUTO is a wonderful thing... forget about everything, point frame and shoot and relax - it does very well indeed for 'non-photography enthusiasts' :smile:

Cheers

Brian

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom