1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-P2 is slow. slow, slow

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Soapysyrie, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Soapysyrie

Soapysyrie Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2012
    London
    Hi everyone,

I have to wait an extraordinary time between taking photos when using my E-P2. Enough time for people to have drifted away in a social situation. I am using the fastest SD Card and I am saving to RAW and JPeg. I am sure this is the reason for the lag, but it was never that fast wven when only saving to jpeg. What can I do.. appart from buy another camera? :frown:

Thanks

Soapy

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country

3. Soapysyrie

Soapysyrie Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2012
    London
    I have a work do tomorrow night so I'll try it again.

Thanks for the advice.

Soapy

4. Julius

Julius Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2011
    Italy
    Giulio
  5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Julius

Julius Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2011
    Italy
    Giulio
    Are you telling that a software developed by the SD Association can corrupt the SD card?

7. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Ozarks
    Also - change the setting for how long a photo preview appears on your screen after shooting - it doesn't really affect anything but it makes it look more like you are ready to shoot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Yes- that is absolutely true. I had a SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GByte disk that became unusable after formatting with the software developed by the SD Card Associations and downloaded from SDCARD.ORG. The problem is with the SanDisk card, simply not made to comply to the standard.

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Yes, shut off "picture review" to zero seconds. That is by far the biggest time waster. If that doesn't cure it, let us know. There are other tricks, but if it's "long enough for people to wander away" then I'm guessing it's image review being on that's the issue.

10. Julius

Julius Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2011
    Italy
    Giulio
    You're wrong, SanDisk cards simply ARE made to comply the sd standard. Probably your sd was a fake.