1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P2 for a start in m43

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by re-note, Feb 22, 2010.

1. re-note

re-note Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2010
    Bremen -Germany
    :2thumbs: Hello Brian,

Thanks a lot for your advice.
    I like to get information, based on experience.
    So the E-P2 is going to be my choice.
    Last point to be solved:
    Do I have to put up with the 14-42mm lens for a wide-angle solution, or is there some older glass to be found, that would deliver around 30mm.
    For telephoto-lenses I am well stocked with factor 2X

kind regards

Rolf re-note http://www.re-note.de

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Rolf,

there are a couple of ZD lenses you could use, or you could wait a little while for the upcoming Lumix 14mm f2.8 pancake, the Olympus mZD 9-18 or the Olympus 12mm (f2.8?) pancake.

I'm using the ZD 11-22mm f2.8-3.5 and ZD 9-18 f4-5.6 with the 4/3rds to m4/3rds adapter at the moment... I love the ZD 11-22, but it's a bit bulky. My PAD for today is taken with the E-P2 + ZD 11-22.

If you're feeling very flush, the Lumix 7-14 is also a beautifully compact ultra wide angle...

Cheers

Brian

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Eh?? Upcoming pancakes on 14/2.8 and 12/2.8?? When? :smile:

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Not sure how long - the Lumix 14/2.8 should be quite close I think... maybe within the next 3 months?

Cheers

Brian

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I think the 14 will be in the 600 range... Panny build for the pancakes doesn't constitute the cost.. I hate the build of my 20.. Although it does create some really nice colors.

6. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.