E-P2 Focus Assist Magnification Tips

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by darrenleow, Oct 19, 2011.

1. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    I just got my K to M4/3 adapter and I tried using some of my Pentax glass on the E-P2. The magnification feature, which is linked to the 'OK' button, is awkward to turn on and off, and I read that it's been improved on some of the later cameras.

I discovered a tip that alleviates the problem somewhat by not requiring a press on the 'OK' button to turn off the magnification. I had my 'Fn' button set to One-Touch White Balance, so I switched the button functions of the 'AEL' and the 'Fn' buttons. So now, I still have to press 'OK' in the mode with the green box, but to turn off the magnification, I only have to tap the 'AEL' button instead of reaching for the 'OK' button again. Still not perfect, but slightly better. I do wish Olympus gave the option of deactivating the magnification upon shutter half-press.

If anyone knows of any other workarounds for the focus assist magnification on the E-P2, please share it with me. Thanks!
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Another thing which might help if you haven't done this already is to disable all INFO menu settings except the magnification box, so you only have to hit the Info button on/off to get the green box.