E-p2 crossprocess and photoshop

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kråkvinkel, May 4, 2010.

1. kråkvinkel

kråkvinkel New to Mu-43

Hi!

I recently took a picture with the artfilter on which came out really good. Since I always shoot RAW I got a DNG copy aswell, but now I would like like to duplicate the crossprocess effect with the RAW file. Anyone got some good tips? I need a good photoshop recipe, if anyone figured it out! Got CS4.

Kind regards

Kråkvinkel

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

kravinkel, I hope someone will be able to give you some tips regarding. In the meantime, however, I can welcome you to mu-43.com!:wink:

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    You'll kill yourself trying to do it in PS...
    Why not just do it in Oly Master 2...you can apply the art filters right there....

4. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    Here's my quick recipe.
    Go to curves, and adjust them as shown:

dgkx6q.

Of course, you can add your flavour, make it more bluish or yellowish...just experiment with curves (and later with saturation, contrast, noise, vignetting...)
    I think it's always better to make it as you like it, not as the machine default settings intended it to be.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kråkvinkel

kråkvinkel New to Mu-43

Worked like a charm, F1L1P, and with some layermasks, contrast and selective color I got it even better. Thanks a 1000 000 for the replies!

/Kråkvinkel

6. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I heard that Olympus is supposed to release a great program which will completely take the place of Studio and more for a free download the month of May. I hope this is true. It was posted via Dpreview. I took Studio 2 off of my computer as it simply ran slow for me. I also popped for CS5 Photoshop but it doesn't support the PL1 yet. So for now I'm sticking to Irfanview which does a great job from RAW. I hope this new free program rocks however.....