E-p2 crossprocess and photoshop

kråkvinkel

New to Mu-43
Hi!

I recently took a picture with the artfilter on which came out really good. Since I always shoot RAW I got a DNG copy aswell, but now I would like like to duplicate the crossprocess effect with the RAW file. Anyone got some good tips? I need a good photoshop recipe, if anyone figured it out! Got CS4.

Kind regards

Kråkvinkel

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
You'll kill yourself trying to do it in PS...
Why not just do it in Oly Master 2...you can apply the art filters right there....

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi!

I recently took a picture with the artfilter on which came out really good. Since I always shoot RAW I got a DNG copy aswell, but now I would like like to duplicate the crossprocess effect with the RAW file. Anyone got some good tips? I need a good photoshop recipe, if anyone figured it out! Got CS4.

Kind regards

Kråkvinkel
Here's my quick recipe.
Go to curves, and adjust them as shown:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Of course, you can add your flavour, make it more bluish or yellowish...just experiment with curves (and later with saturation, contrast, noise, vignetting...)
I think it's always better to make it as you like it, not as the machine default settings intended it to be.

dcisive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I heard that Olympus is supposed to release a great program which will completely take the place of Studio and more for a free download the month of May. I hope this is true. It was posted via Dpreview. I took Studio 2 off of my computer as it simply ran slow for me. I also popped for CS5 Photoshop but it doesn't support the PL1 yet. So for now I'm sticking to Irfanview which does a great job from RAW. I hope this new free program rocks however.....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom