1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-P2 cases?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ritualnet, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Ritualnet

Ritualnet Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    UK - West Midlands
    Seem
    (I'm sorry, I realise I posted this in the wrong forum, but I can't for the life of me find out how to delete this thread!)

Does anyone have any suggestions, for a drop-in-bag case, or a (n)ever ready case?

When I bought the GF1, it was pretty easy to find a case for it. I went for the official Panasonic (n)ever-ready case, which was cheap yet really well made. The idea was simple, when contained within the full case, I can drop it in my bag, but when I need to use it, I pop the studs and put the top part in the bag. Now I have the E-P2, I was hoping for something similar, with a similar purpose.

All I've found, officially, is the Pen Wrapping Case, which... doesn't seem to get great reviews, and it's been said it's a bit too thin to protect the camera in a bag. Unofficially, there's plenty of (n)ever cases on Ebay, but none of them seem to great.

These are the only two that appeals to me. The colour is nice, very classic style, although would suit the silver EP1 better than the EP2 (in my opinion).

The other option if no-one has any suggestions, is an insert in the bag. I bought this bag, so I could just get an insert to drop in, and protect the camera in transit.

2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I bought something similar to those ebay cases for my E-P1 and E-P3 but I only use the bottom half. They are fine for what they are and if you don't like it when it comes it's not a huge loss. The do tend to have MASSIVE screws on the base which stop the camera sitting neatly on the table though - I replaced the one on mine.

I also looked at the Pen wrapping case (which, by the way, is available from Tesco for 14.97 if you order online and then collect from a store) but, like you, I was a little put off by the reviews. That said I think it would do a better job than the never ready cases of keeping dust and stuff out. And unless you're carrying rocks in the same bag you're probably not going to need to protect your camera from too much in there.

It'll be interesting to see what you decide - and if you go for the wrapping case, please post a review :)