E-P1 winter testing

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Vivalo, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Hello everyone

I'm new here so I will introduce my self first. My name is Ville and I'm photoholic. I'm from northern Finland and I have been shooting with digital system cameras now for two years. My first touch for (digital) photography was in 2004 when I bought my first compact point-and-shoot. My first DSLR was Oly E-520 but nowadays I shoot with E-P1 and therefore I decided to jump from fourthirds-user.com here to mu-43.com.

This winter season is the first one for my E-P1 so I haven't had a chance to test it in true winter temperatures until today. This morning it was -21 degrees Celsius (-6 F) and a clear blue sky so I took my Pen for a walk to test if its usable in such a temperature. I was outdoors for maybe 45 minutes and the camera was on almost all of the time. The Pen is still alive and here are the photos from the walk. The last photo was taken with mobile phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Valokuva0205crop.

-Vivalo

• Like Like x 3
  2. DuClare

DuClare Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 28, 2010
    Thanks for joining us. As I've owned a camera for no more than six months, it's great to have a more experienced Finn lead the way. Seeing people post all these gorgeous landscapes of North America, the busy streets of Asia, and the architecture of Centeral Europe, often leaves me wondering if there's anything of interest here in Finland. Your photos will no doubt help replenish my inspiration. Greetings from Savonia!

• Like Like x 1
  3. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    A kind hello from Switzerland
    I'm a longtime fan of Finland... (and there I made a lot of unique pictures)

Vivalo from Ivalo?

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Ooo, I love seeing cold blue sky snowy photos! That red line on the lens case really adds some zing!:biggrin:

5. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Thank you for your kind comments, I feel very welcome. Yes Red, Ville+Ivalo=Vivalo. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Cool, not an environment I normally see...excellent colours.

7. DuClare

DuClare Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 28, 2010
    I went out with my panny last night. She was cold. Mind if I share the frost here?

P1010213_small.

P1010234_small.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    It looks cold too out there in the far south :wink: Did you use the panny 20mm? I noticed it focused maybe a bit slower and made even more audible noise in cold weather but I wasn't suprised because of the extreme temperature.

9. DuClare

DuClare Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 28, 2010
    I used the 50mm Minolta MD Rokkor-X f/1.4, which means manual focus.