1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P1 shutter lag in iAuto versus P

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brianetta, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    I've set up P mode to be as close to iAuto as is humanly possible; auto-focus, auto-iso, multiple autofocus points, anti-shock turned off, image stabiliser both on and off. I've noticed that the delay between the auto-focus beep and the shutter sound is almost always significantly shorter in iAuto than it is in P (or any other manual mode). The photos are coming out at the same shutter speed and aperture; it would appear to just be a delay, of perhaps a couple of hundred milliseconds.

Does anybody have any idea what might cause this, and if it can be sped up in P?

2. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    It's all right, I think I got it. The camera was stuck in 8th second anti-shock (despite it having been turned off, and set to 1 second). I've reset the camera, and it's behaving better in P mode now. Dodgy programming error somewhere? I think it's probable.

Edit: Yeah, further testing shows that once you've used anti-shock, it's always on, except in iAuto, until you reset. Bummer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.