E-P1 SD format

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi,

A quick (maybe stupid) question: after formatting the card in the camera it can't be read on my PC through USB reader (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit). Is this to be expected?

When using Canon I usually left the camera in the bag, get the card out and copy the files using the reader. Connecting E-P1 to the PC every time is not that big of a deal, but the side cover seems a little week...

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Use a card reader always. If you formatted the card, then there's nothing to read anyway.
I always copy the files to my desktop thru a card reader.
No issues....

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
If you formatted the card, then there's nothing to read anyway.
Well, by now there certainly is something to read.
And the way it's not read is the new drive does not appear in Windows Explorer at all, as it usually does when I connect USB reader with or without a card in it. I guess I'll try to re-format it again. I doubt my USB reader is broken since it does read my MicroSD card in SD adapter from the same slot.

ajramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
Check to see if your reader is an SDHC reader. When using my older reader, which was only SD, the computer would not recognize SDHC cards.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Antonio

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom