1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-P1 SD format

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by zettapixel, Aug 13, 2010.

1. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Hi,

A quick (maybe stupid) question: after formatting the card in the camera it can't be read on my PC through USB reader (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit). Is this to be expected?

When using Canon I usually left the camera in the bag, get the card out and copy the files using the reader. Connecting E-P1 to the PC every time is not that big of a deal, but the side cover seems a little week...

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Use a card reader always. If you formatted the card, then there's nothing to read anyway.
    I always copy the files to my desktop thru a card reader.
    No issues....

3. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Well, by now there certainly is something to read.
    And the way it's not read is the new drive does not appear in Windows Explorer at all, as it usually does when I connect USB reader with or without a card in it. I guess I'll try to re-format it again. I doubt my USB reader is broken since it does read my MicroSD card in SD adapter from the same slot.

4. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Check to see if your reader is an SDHC reader. When using my older reader, which was only SD, the computer would not recognize SDHC cards.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Antonio

5. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    I bet you're right! It says SD/MMC in barely visible tiny letters, which means I need a new reader.
    Thank you very much, Antonio.