E-P1 Purchase

Terry B

New to Mu-43
Hi all, just to say hello because I’m new to the forum! I have been sitting on the fence trying to decide which camera to buy to use during the times I don’t want to lug about a DSLR.

On cost and after reading some of the posts in the forum, I had decided to buy the E-PL1 and 14 to 42mm lens, but in my heart I wanted the E-P1 and 14 to 42mm lens .

The reason behind the post, because you all have read the same post many times before, is I brought a brand new E-P1 and 14 to 42mm lens for £399 from Jessop’s who have a special deal on at the moment. The cost saving was just too good to miss.

I’m looking forward to getting out and taking some pictures.

Regards Terry

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Terry, Terry, Terry....
Big mistake getting the Pen1.... Next thing ya know your getting great photos, your very excited again about photography. The camera becomes a part of you and your vision.
All other cameras you have get very, very lonely as they don't have that FEEL.
Geeze Terry, join the crowd.

Geeze Terry.....you better just join in the with the other hopeless romantics around here so ya don't feel alone....

Welcome to the forum....... your in for the time of your life with the Pen.....

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Terry,
One more thing. Inside info here.
Do not under any circumstances mount the 9-18 on the Pen.
Especially with cash or credit card in pocket.
Be forewarned.

Jim

Mu-43 Rookie
I'm in the same boat Terry, :). Got the same deal from Jessops, it's was just too good to turn down.

Had it a few days now and I'm loving it. Got fed up with lugging my Canon D30 everywhere, plus it's getting a bit old in the tooth.

This is such a great camera.

nokiamia

Mu-43 Regular
There's no better looking camera out there than an EP1. Even EP2 does not look as good with its protruded hot shoe. And couple that with brilliant beautiful images that it takes, what a gem. But the best part: Unlike your DSLR, you'd take your PEN everywhere you go!

landshark

Mu-43 Veteran

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello and welcome - it obviously pays to not be early adopters.

Hum... yes and no. Is 1 full year of unmade/missed/non satisfactory pictures worth the rebate ? It's up everyone to decide for himself, but I personnaly don't regret a single cent of mine. At some point, the e-p1 price tag crossed the line of what I was ready to pay, and that's all there is to it. That's how I buy most of my gear, computers or cameras : I set a price on whichever technology I fancy to own, and I refrain from taking the plunge until that price is reached. Sometimes, it just doesn't happen, be it.

nokiamia

Mu-43 Regular
happiness does not come from the money you pay for the camera. it comes from the pictures you get from your camera :)

...and with EP1 and EP2, you get a bonus: happiness by just looking at it!

my dslr is rusting....

moralesea

New to Mu-43
I am a very happy ep1 early adopted as well.

I was already a four thirds shooter, when I actually first laid hands on the ep1 I just fell in love. It's very rare that I have that kind of kit lust for a gadget. ;-)

Jim

Mu-43 Rookie
One thing I don't understand is why the E-PL1 and E-P2 get 2 more Art Filters? There are very few differences that I can see between the E-P1 and E-P2 and yet we don't get the 2 extra Art Filters, what gives?

Anyone know if we E-P1 users will eventually get these extras?

moralesea

New to Mu-43
One thing I don't understand is why the E-PL1 and E-P2 get 2 more Art Filters? There are very few differences that I can see between the E-P1 and E-P2 and yet we don't get the 2 extra Art Filters, what gives?

Anyone know if we E-P1 users will eventually get these extras?

Meh probably not.

I could be wrong about this, but don't the EP2 and EPL1 have ever so slightly better processors?

Latest threads

Top Bottom