1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

e-p1 lcd issues

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by camerhoon, Feb 27, 2010.

1. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    Hi Guys,

I have an e-p1 and 14-42 and 17mm lens. I have been less than satisfied with this camera.... can't pick why. Image quality is great, AF is ok if target stays still. I think the problem I have is the LCD, I just can't use it during the day due to glare. I live in australia so this may be worse here than europe for example. has anyone else found a solution?

Cheers

Ian (Camerahoon)

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    There's a setting in the menu to increase the brightness of the screen. It may also help to set the screen to B&W. Then increase the sharpness and contrast.
    Hopefully your doing raw so these settings won't effect your images.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I personally haven't had any issues with it. I used it last weekend with the sun beating down my neck and I could properly compose the picture. No, I could not tell how accurate the focusing or exposure was, but I use the histogram to help me out on the latter.

4. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    thanks for the tip on the black and white settings. it actually works. I am still going to try a few screen covers etc. I can't understand why we should have too shoot in b&W raw to use it... it wasn't a cheap camera.... grrrr olympass (olympus-jackass)

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    if your in raw, then the B&W is only showing you B&W on the screen....
    the file will still be a color raw file...
    if you get a protector get this one...none better...and it actually increases contrast...

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

shooter

6. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    i understand shooting in raw... I always have used raw. But why release a product with a obvious and fatal flaw? I am a Canon user in the past and olympass have really dissappointed with these cameras... although I like the quality of the pictures.

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    this may sound crazy but if you fashion a snoot for around your eyes you will be able to see the lcd much more easily try this fashion a piece of cardboard or black foam core board and make a box what you can attach the inside of a visored cap with a velcro tab system
    if your handy you can make it a good fit around the nose etc sort of like a black tube structure to shield you eyes from the harsh daylight , this will make the lcd much more readable as your pupils will not "stop down" to f22 as so see the lcd more easily

dont wear this contraption in an urban setting or they will cart you away to the looney bin, but in the outback or hiking its the ticket

stop laughing , im serious!!!

also shield your lcd from direct sunlight with something like black cardboard or a delkin shield too...... huge difference when done with

you will not believe the difference