E-P1 image thread

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidargrov/4179311250/" title="A Bird and Bryggen i Bergen by VidarFoto, on Flickr">View attachment 140731"1024" height="573" alt="A Bird and Bryggen i Bergen" /></a>

Bryggen i Bergen.

Olympus E-P1, 17mm

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Bryggen is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and probably is the most photographed thing in Bergen, Norway. You should go there one day.

It is hard to make original photos of it. But sometimes I have to try. It´s not fair that only the tourists get to shoot it.

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Actually EP2 + Oly OM Zuiko 100mm

Used the original Olympus OM to 4/3 adapter and the Oly 4/3 to m4/3 adapter with this lovely Zuiko lens I picked up on Ebay. (Really like the EVF with manual focus lenses - makes it much easier at least for me to focus.)

All shots with the lens wide open, processed from RAW in LR 2.6 with slight adjustments to contrast, clarity.
Comments welcome.
Thanks for looking,
Steve

View attachment 140734

View attachment 140735

View attachment 140736

oldmandon

Mu-43 Rookie
Under the Boardwalk

Took a short walk on a cold, windy beach on Saturday. The sun was out so there was some warmth, but not much! :cool:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ahh, it is SO cold in Norway now... I wish it was summer...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidargrov/4244641693/" title="The Sun Is Cold by VidarFoto, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="768" alt="The Sun Is Cold" /></a>

Olympus E-P1, 17mm

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Excellent exposure control, what aperture did you use?

It's turning a bit chilly here in the UK - but only a few degrees below zero.

Thanks for sharing

Brian

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
Here are some photos when I was in Jacksonville, FL to see my folks for the holidays. I lived there for 18 years, but the pictures seem kinda "tourist like". Thats ok. Some turned out really well. I will post some of my pictures later from St. Augustine FL too. Keep in mind I'm no pro like some of you guys, LOL.

Attachments

Amin Sabet

Administrator
These are excellent! I especially like the #3 and #5. #3 has an appealing central composition with nice geometry provided by the reflections, and #5 is just a very effective capture of the full cityscape.

This is also a good use of the forum's attachment system, which is perfect for showing a series of images without creating a huge page to scroll.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
These are excellent! I especially like the #3 and #5. #3 has an appealing central composition with nice geometry provided by the reflections, and #5 is just a very effective capture of the full cityscape.

This is also a good use of the forum's attachment system, which is perfect for showing a series of images without creating a huge page to scroll.

Thank You!

I've used this forum system on a couple other hobby forums I visit. I do not have a flicker or album account. I do have my own webspace, and I could have put them there, but I'm not sure if the photos would have showed up in the post or just as links. I've always liked this system of being able to upload attachments and let the the system manage it in the post, which is usually effective.

Just a few notes.

For #3, I really did not want to put the tall building in the center. This sort of goes against the rule of thirds, however, it was the only way to get the entire landscape( a 24mm lens might have done slightly better in that regards.). Jacksonville landing is in the center, where they have eateries and a big new year party.

For #5, what this image actually does is give perspective. On the left is friendship park, the fountain on the riverwalk in Jacksonville. This is actually across the river, where I was taking pictures, of downtown Jacksonville. However, because of how the river walk was built, it almost appears, from where the picture was taken, that they are all on the same side of the river.

I realize you did not mention #2, but take a look at the Modis building. The sun was reflecting off the glass, but when I took the picture, the camera did some wierdness(black areas on the glass). In the full sized version of this picture, there are black areas and rainbow looking areas. I'm not sure if this is a jpeg issue or just an issue with how the CCD handles these sorts of reflections. Then, when I scaled the image for post, it made it even worse.

Dj

Amin Sabet

Administrator
For #3, I really did not want to put the tall building in the center. This sort of goes against the rule of thirds...
Another great example of why the rules are just guidelines. The central composition is what makes this strong for me, and my eye went right to the thumbnail for that reason.

I realize you did not mention #2, but take a look at the Modis building. The sun was reflecting off the glass, but when I took the picture, the camera did some wierdness(black areas on the glass). In the full sized version of this picture, there are black areas and rainbow looking areas. I'm not sure if this is a jpeg issue or just an issue with how the CCD handles these sorts of reflections. Then, when I scaled the image for post, it made it even worse.
What you're seeing is aliasing. Panasonic uses a weak anti-aliasing filter, which gives their cameras the ability to capture very fine detail, sometimes referred to as "per pixel sharpness", but the tradeoff is more aliasing. Olympus uses a bit stronger filter, for a touch less detail but probably a touch less tendency for aliasing effects. The reason I say probably is that I haven't personally seen a rigorous test for aliasing, and AA filters can be of high or low quality, not just strong or weak.

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Variations on a Sunset (EP2 + OM 100mm 2.8)

All taken with the EP2 and an Olympus OM 100mm 2.8. Handheld, within a few minutes of each other. Obviously three are using Art Filters. The first shot in RAW, converted in LR.
Very happy with these older manual focus lenses. Especially since the EVF on the EP2 makes manual focusing (at least for me) much easier than I was doing with the EP1.
Comments welcome, thanks for looking,
Steve.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
All taken with the EP2 and an Olympus OM 100mm 2.8. Handheld, within a few minutes of each other. Obviously three are using Art Filters. The first shot in RAW, converted in LR.
Very happy with these older manual focus lenses. Especially since the EVF on the EP2 makes manual focusing (at least for me) much easier than I was doing with the EP1.
Comments welcome, thanks for looking,
Steve.
Really nice. I like the first one the best, however.

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Djarum - that seems to be the general concensus - the natural one.
I was just playing, wanting to see what the Art Filters would do with the scene.
Thanks for commenting,
Steve

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Amin,
That is the Pop Art filter. In this case it REALLY made the colors of the sunset POP, even more than the vibrant setting does.
Thanks,
Steve

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom