E-P1 distortion in view mode.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hendrix, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Hendrix

Hendrix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    In viewmode , the white parts of the picture show a distorion in different colours , it flashes red,green or blue. In live view there's no problem and the pictures are good.
    What could be the problem?
    I hope you understand my question , my English is very poor.

2. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    This sounds like the exposure warnings or something like that. Turn the camera on and press the info button to see if that switches the live view to a different info display mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Yes, you have the 'blinkies' on Review and not on LiveView.
    Do what cunningham said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hendrix

Hendrix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    Sorry ,but I don't understand , when I press the info button it shows the histogram in Live view.

5. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    "Info" button scrolls through the permitted display modes, which are up to the user to select.
    Pressing INFO once will go to the next display mode, pressing INFO again will go to the next one.
    Deep in the menu is a list of your selected display modes.
    If you do not like the "Blinkies" you need to deselect that mode as an option in the permitted display modes, then press INFO while in playback mode to get to the ;plain' display you require.
    I will go and get my e-P1 and find the menu option ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    There's a big SHADOW/HIGHLIGHT label showing on the "blinkies" option ... I would have taken that as a hint as to what the red/blue stuff was about...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hendrix

Hendrix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    Yes I've got it. Thank you all.

8. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    There are a number of display options for live view, but if you do not want to cycle through all of them with the info button, the options you don't want can be disabled through one of the setup menus. I configired my ep2 to have the options for histogram, magnify, shot settings and none. So I disabled the exposure blinking, and whatever else (I don't have the ep2 handy.) I think there's at least a level, and maybe a couple of other options, and I think they're the same on ep1.

• Like Like x 1