1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-P1 dials

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by guzziknight, May 20, 2011.

1. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if it's possible to switch the dial assignments? Currently, when shooting manual, the top dial is aperture and the bottom is shutter speed. Is there a way to switch these?

Thanks!

Yaniv

2. labcoatguy

labcoatguy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Cambridge, MA, US
    There is an advanced customization menu within the main menu. You have to activate this menu first, but the manual should have details. It gives you control over which dial does what and a whole lot more.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    It's within the Buttons menu, though I can't tell you further than that because my E-P1 has a busted LCD.

You might also look at changing what the dials do in Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority modes. By default both dials do the same thing, which I think is a senseless waste of a powerful system! Instead, it makes more sense to set one for Aperture or Shutter Speed, and the other for Exposure Compensation. That way you can control both at the same time no matter what mode you're in, A, S, or M.

This is also the way I always had my E-3 set up. One dial always controls shutter speed (whether as Exposure Compensation or directly as Shutter Speed), and the other always controls Aperture.

4. guzziknight

May 18, 2011
    Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home.

5. guzziknight

May 18, 2011
    Got it set the way I want it. Thanks!

Good to see you here as well, Ned!