1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 with Canon 400mm f5.6L again

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Rockinggoose, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

Some more birds with this very capable setup. I must admit that, even allowing for the extra reach factor, this lens definitely produces sharper results than the renowned ED 300mm f2.8 when used with the E-M5. I sold my 300 as I was not happy with the AF when doing wildlife and now I'm enthusing over a lens which is MF only and has no aperture control in this situation!

Goldfinch - slight movement blur here:

P1254039.

Male Greenfinch:

P1254014-2.

Collared Dove

P1254029.

I will certainly be using this setup more and more, although it obviously requires a tripod/gimbal which I don't usually carry with me. However for birds in static situations and not too far from the car it is now a must for me and I can easily detach and use the lens with the canon 7D if I need for moving targets.

David

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.