E-M5 with 380,000 shutter clicks...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Rudy, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Depends on how Olympus registers a shutter release. If it is anything like Fuji, it is any time the shutter moves, so just turning the camera on, moving the shutter out of the way of the sensor, first curtain shutter movements all count. My guess is that it is most likely not as accurate as you might think. Probably remove 2/3 of that number to get an actual shutter release count.

More clarification from Olympus on the matter would be needed.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I do know that one person on the Pentax forums board recorded 120,000 shutter trips in a K-5 in a relatively short period of time because the camera was used for time lapse photography in capturing some aspect of home construction so it's not impossible.

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The code is really old news. And I can confirm that the count is accurate, I used it on my E-M5 all the time, and used it to check out the count on my E-M1 that I bought used.

5. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I glad to see that EM5's shutter working great, and I still have one with me only has 10k shutter count.

6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

At high counts they start to have issues at high shutter speeds... mine had issues doing 1/4000s reliably and accurately.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    My E-M1 has 142,661 clicks. :D