E-M5 vs 5DII, 550D - size comparison

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Just think, a bit of dremel and some felt lining and the Canons would make great hard-cases for the E-M5. It'd fit right in ;-)

Might even be enough room for a pancake as a spare lens . . .

MrKal_El

Mu-43 Top Veteran

OOooohhhh Love that case bro...what is it?

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
L to R: 5DII w/24-70L, 550D w/18-135 IS, E-M5 w/12-50.

The 550D is actually about a cm wider than the E-M5 but you can't tell unless you put them together.

If you had the 15-85 on the 550D it would be the perfect comparison (same lens ranges on each camera)!

I'm surprised how small the 550D is. Looks like if Canon ever goes mirrorless, they shouldn't have much trouble using the existing sensor/lenses.

DH

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I like your setup. Nice tripods too. Which do you use for M4/3 vs DSLR? I shoot Canon too just got my 5DMKIII a month ago.

T

TDP

MrKal_El: The cases are from here: www.eurekadrytech.com I live in a high humidity location so they are more of a requirement than a luxury.

dhazeghi: When I bought the 550D I opted for the 18-135 IS instead of the kit lens, I wanted it to have IS and a bit more reach. The camera was for my significant other but she rarely uses it.

LisaO: The biggest and oldest one is a Manfrotto 3030, the medium one is a Manfrotto 190CXPRO3, the small one is a Jusino 525SC. When I travel via airplane I take the small one, local car travel I have the 190CX and the 3030 stays at home for use there (it is heavy). I also have a tripod mount for my motorcycle handlebars when I feel like shooting a movie.

The other tripods are just light stands.

Latest threads

Top Bottom