1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 - Using LCD "Live View" and Focus Stacking

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CarlG, Apr 2, 2014.

1. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    Looking for a little help, please.

I am coming from a Canon 5D2 and used live view extensively for shooting landscapes. I had the ability to select incremental focus points with the 5D2 for purposes of stacking the images to get me maximum depth of field.

Now onto the E-M5 - I'm coming up blank when looking to find out how to best optimize the rear LCD in Olympus's version of "live view". Is there anywhere (literature/videos) that explains how to best take advantage of the E-M5's rear LCD to allow me to focus stack my exposures by manually selecting my focal points in this view?

Make sense?

Thanks.

2. Mstoeckle

Mstoeckle Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    Set your focus area to single spot, then you should be able to select your focus area with either the touch screen or with the D-pad. Though I don't believe there are many points towards the outside of the frame. Hope that helps.

3. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    Thanks. I'm just not getting any response from the LCD when using it as a touch screen. It's not recognizing my "touch". Perhaps this is a menu setting issue? If so, does anyone know where that is?

4. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

I think you have the screen touch locked and need to tap the icon at the bottom left of the screen. I think there are three options, when you tap the icon - locked, tap to focus, and tap to focus and shoot. Don't quote me on that though as I've only just bought mine :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    That was it.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

• Like Like x 1