E-M5 - Using LCD "Live View" and Focus Stacking

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CarlG, Apr 2, 2014.

1. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    Looking for a little help, please.

I am coming from a Canon 5D2 and used live view extensively for shooting landscapes. I had the ability to select incremental focus points with the 5D2 for purposes of stacking the images to get me maximum depth of field.

Now onto the E-M5 - I'm coming up blank when looking to find out how to best optimize the rear LCD in Olympus's version of "live view". Is there anywhere (literature/videos) that explains how to best take advantage of the E-M5's rear LCD to allow me to focus stack my exposures by manually selecting my focal points in this view?

Make sense?

Thanks.

2. Mstoeckle

Mstoeckle Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    Set your focus area to single spot, then you should be able to select your focus area with either the touch screen or with the D-pad. Though I don't believe there are many points towards the outside of the frame. Hope that helps.

3. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    Thanks. I'm just not getting any response from the LCD when using it as a touch screen. It's not recognizing my "touch". Perhaps this is a menu setting issue? If so, does anyone know where that is?

4. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Top Veteran

I think you have the screen touch locked and need to tap the icon at the bottom left of the screen. I think there are three options, when you tap the icon - locked, tap to focus, and tap to focus and shoot. Don't quote me on that though as I've only just bought mine :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. CarlG

CarlG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Carl
    That was it.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.