1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 User Books

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by teddoman, Feb 8, 2016.

1. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    Is the Busch and Simon book the only book for new buyers who want to learn how to use an E-M5? I'm only going to read one book, so it might as well be the best. Note that I'm talking about the original E-M5, which I picked up used from another user here, and not the new mark ii model.

2. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    I don't know if there are others but I found that one to be extremely helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    I've found Darrell Young's books on the E-M1 and E-M5 MK II to be comprehensive, thoughtful, and useful guides to working
    with both cameras. I realize that both books refer to cameras other than
    the camera you've recently purchased, but, owning the two above plus
    three e-m5s, I think there's enough overlapping to make the suggestions
    in the books useful as an orientation to the E-M5 1, while providing an option
    for you if the camera works out and you decide in the future to upgrade.

Robert

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  4. HalPAnderson

HalPAnderson Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    I bought the Busch book for the EM-1, and wasn't impressed. Much of it seemed to be cut and pasted from his other books, and a lot of non-EM-1 content made it into print. Later, I read pieces of Darrell Young's book, and it seemed much better written. YMMV, of course.

Hal

5. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
  6. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    John Grengo also did a program on Creative Live. I think he did them on both the EM5 and EM5 MKII. Considering that the EM5 is an older model it might be pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I found Gary Ayton's site and wiki to be very helpful when I was starting out with the EM5. I have Darrell Young's book for the EM1 and thought it was much more useful than the camera manual. Unfortunately, he didn't write one for the EM5.