E-M5 Update 1.2 disappears from Oly site.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Now why is that do we think.

I've searched everywhere, cant find it.

The latest one listed is V1.1..... Olympus - Firmware Updates

2. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
  3. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Dave, do you have the camera updater program installed on your PC? I've been using that for firmware updates

4. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Hi everyone. Is a PC still the only way to update the OM-D? I've got a Mac and remember reading you couldn't update the firmware from anything but a PC.

5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    It does work on a Mac, no problem. Just follow the instructions, it's very easy, but the update takes about 10 minutes.

6. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Definitely updates on a Mac no problem (unless you're running an older OS of course)

7. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I charged the battery to my second E-M5 body and added my grip with my spare battery to it and it updated with no problem connected to my Pc. I thought that I just might not have good luck on updating my second body but it updated just perfect, just like my other E-M5 body. Now, I wish that there was a way to move my settings from one body to the other without having to reset each one by hand.

8. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Yes...make sure you have stable power and internet access at the computer end before you start... :smile:

9. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Was the 1.2 update ever on the UK site? Should always use the Japanese/head office link for the mose reliable information. The US site for instance had announced its availability before it was even released.

Anyway, you can use the updater software at any time to check for updates.

10. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    It worked for me but the instructions were not exactly transparent. It wouldn't recognize my camera until I selected storage from the LCD and clicked OK. Then I was able to install without problem. I'm running the latest version of Lion.

11. aikidoka

aikidoka Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    Montreal
    I agree on the not so obvious upgrade instruction. If I didn't read this forum, I think I would make the same mistake by clicking the next button without reading the complete instruction and checking the camera screen.

Updated successfully on OSX 10.8 GM.

12. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Thanks everyone. Downloaded the updated, and happy to say I ran into no problems. Appreciate the help.