E-M5 tethering with Lightroom 5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Monkeyhanger, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Monkeyhanger

Monkeyhanger New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2013
    Is it possible to tether using the latest version of lightroom 5.I have connected the camera using a usb cable,lightroom recognises the camera but no display.Am i missing a camera setting?This is my first attempt at tethering any advice welcome.

2. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Deleted

3. dafloyd

dafloyd Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 24, 2013
    Munich, Germany
    Dirk Essl
    Tethering does not work with any OM-D camera to date.

4. Monkeyhanger

Monkeyhanger New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks for the info

5. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I think a work around is to use an eye-fi card with a remote shared directory from the PC.

6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Yes but don't forget a feature of tethering is remote live view. SO you can only use the eyefi card to slowly send the photo to a computer after its taken.. Unless you have someone sitting at the computer standing by to immediately start processing the photo you take, while you continue to work and take more photos, It makes more sense to just keep a couple SD cards on hand.

SO Still to date, there is no µ4/3 camera that can be tethered.. I Don't know when Pana and Oly are going to get on the ball and at least allow their top of the line cameras to be tethered.

7. dafloyd

dafloyd Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 24, 2013
    Munich, Germany
    Dirk Essl
    I use a Transcend WifiSD and Shuttersnitch on the ipad when shooting portraits, so after firing some shots I can show the client some pictures on the ipad. I shoot RAW and small jpg and shuttersnitch only grabs the jpg. For each shot it takes from 1-3 seconds to be transferred. If they would increase bandwidth with those cards I would be happy bunny to live without cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Of course, so would we all. I would love to be able to have the same tethering capabilities on a µ4/3 camera that Nikon and Canon users (All canon dSLR users)
    have enjoyed for years. Be it wired or Wireless, but preferably Wireless tethering. So far all we have is wireless controls and WiFi uploading on some models .. Now they only have to add wireless Live view, then we would have wireless tethering. But if they have to start with wired tethering, I & most could be happy with that I am sure.

9. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    Yeah, seems really odd that this kind of (even cabled) capability is still not 'standard' on m43 yet. After the AF box firmware update they released for the E-M5, full-featured tethered shooting would be number 2 or 3 on my list of most wanted features.

• Like Like x 1
  10. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Maybe in the next E-M6 this feature will come?

11. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

I haven't played extensively with it yet, but doesn't the wifi built into the current cameras give a form of tethering? On my E-P5, I get live view on my phone (haven't tried my tablet yet) and can change shooting parameters.