E-M5 taking shower

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by ntblowz, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Taken with another E-M5 and Leica 25mm. Weathersealing FTW!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nHb2yo0PZsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    Some people swallow swords, others stick pencils up their noses &, as it seems, give their camera a shower. :confused:

I'm sorry, but what was the point of this? :confused: Essentially, because of the mic & speaker openings, we shouldn't assume it is all weatherproof to the abusive amount, but quite capable of withstanding a shower of rain when held in the upright position. I realise that if it has had some salt spray that it needs to be cleaned off & probably without the battery if there is any chance of inundation, but I don't think Olympus would bother fixing your camera if this shower you gave it caused a problem. :rolleyes:
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
  4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    That is no rubber seal around the lens mount - how do you know the saran wrap wasn't torn while placing the cap on the body? Without the accompanying sealed lens that seems to be inviting a non-warranty, expensive service claim, hope it doesn't come back to bite you!
  5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Just goes to show some folk will do most anything no matter how poorly it relfects on their cognitive alacrity.