1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 taking shower

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by ntblowz, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Taken with another E-M5 and Leica 25mm. Weathersealing FTW!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nHb2yo0PZsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Some people swallow swords, others stick pencils up their noses &, as it seems, give their camera a shower. :confused: 

I'm sorry, but what was the point of this? :confused:  Essentially, because of the mic & speaker openings, we shouldn't assume it is all weatherproof to the abusive amount, but quite capable of withstanding a shower of rain when held in the upright position. I realise that if it has had some salt spray that it needs to be cleaned off & probably without the battery if there is any chance of inundation, but I don't think Olympus would bother fixing your camera if this shower you gave it caused a problem. :rolleyes: 

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Yikes! :eek: 

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That is no rubber seal around the lens mount - how do you know the saran wrap wasn't torn while placing the cap on the body? Without the accompanying sealed lens that seems to be inviting a non-warranty, expensive service claim, hope it doesn't come back to bite you!

5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Just goes to show some folk will do most anything no matter how poorly it relfects on their cognitive alacrity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.