1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 settings

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ig7, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Now that this camera has been in the hands of the pros for a little while, could you share the settings you have on your camera as far as picture mode, saturation, etc. domyou use full screen or spot focusing/metering?
    Thanks

2. jcurious

jcurious Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Top function button is my MF/AF switch, the other button is set to exposure lock. I disabled the review picture function and sometimes disable face priority. I do spot focusing and e-mode(default) exposure. I don't trust the camera to know what I want to focus on :) . I tend to shoot in aperture priority mode. If I don't like the exposure choice I'll used the exposure dial to make corrections.

I haven't messed with saturation/color settings yet. I prefer to do color fixes in post. I'm hopping Adobe Raw for this camera comes out soon. If it doesn't come out soon, I may look into it.

3. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks. Appreciate the advice.

4. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I'm no pro, but here is my current setup

In aperture priority:
    - Fn1 - AEL
    - Fn2 - Focus Point HP - switches between single point, center AF and evaluative 39-point AF
    - REC - ISO

Metering: Auto, with occasional spot metering. I found the ESP metering very good.
    WB: Natural
    Saturation:Normal. Any modifications will be done in LR4.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.