1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5 screen repair in Australia

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by okief, Nov 30, 2013.

1. okief

okief Mu-43 Rookie

Hi Ozzies
    any suggestions for an Olympus repair shop in Oz?
    rear screen not working, probably needs replacing...
    maybe not worth it...
    any ideas, suggestions or experience you guys have would be appreciated.
    Camera works fine, just can't display pictures or make adjustments.
    cheers
    okief

2. If it's an E-M5 and you haven't physically damaged the screen yourself then the camera is still under warranty (2 years on Olympus camera). Send it to the Sydney address found in the link below with your return address and contact details, a copy of the purchase receipt, and a letter describing the problem. There is no point in contacting them first because they don't operate using a ticketing system.

http://www.olympus.com.au/Support/Repairs---Warranty/Warranty.aspx

3. okief

okief Mu-43 Rookie

No, I damaged screen...)-;

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

4. In that case I've used Andersens Camera Repairs at Capalaba (Brisbane) a few time before. I believe that they were an Olympus warranty agent once but unfortunately (for the sake of convenience) not any more. Otherwise I assume that the Olympus repair facility in Sydney must also do non-warranty repairs.

5. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    Andersens Camera Repairs - Olympus rep and warranty repair. Showed this on some documentation of a recent purchase.
    Let us know how you go and would be interested in repair cost just to get an idea of how they charge for this sort of thing.

6. I was in contact with Andersens in the last month about a warranty repair on my E-M5 and they are no longer a warranty agent for Olympus. The original documentation from my E-M5 purchased in May 2012 showed that they were previously.