E-M5 remote shutter options?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Frunch, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Frunch

Frunch Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    I am probably going to pick up one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Pixel-RW-221-UC1-Wireless-OLYMPUS/dp/B004DO19M2#

But I was wondering what other options are out there. I don't have an Eye-Fi card, but have been considering getting one. Is there any way to trigger the shutter via wi-fi?

Any other options worth considering? Looking for a relatively cheap option, as I only really need it for my birding photos.

Thanks!
    Trevor

2. RKTodd

RKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Indiana
    I have that remote trigger and I can say that it's never failed me. Great product for the price!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rasmus

Rasmus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden.
    I use the Hähnel Combi TF. It works and it doubles as a remote flash trigger, probably without TTL and all that stuff, at least I haven't tried that. I have a tendency to drain the batteries of the remote, though, possibly because the shutter button easily gets squeezed when it's sitting in its bag. Putting the remote in a hard plastic box seems to have mitigated this, though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    I use the same one mentioned in the first post with my EM1. It's a great wireless remote. I have a review on YouTube where I talk about functionality. It might not work exactly like you think it would for some of the other shooting modes. I'll post the video in a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Frunch

Frunch Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks for all the responses! The video was very helpful btw, jonlong! Looks like I'll be going with the Pixel Oppilas! Thanks again for the responses!

7. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    HAve you looked at a trigger trap? The are great!