E-M5 places in photo competition

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by OdzBodkinz, Jun 8, 2012.

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I attended the annual Grandfather Mtn Nature Photography weekend near Boone, NC last weekend. I decided to leave the heavy Nikkors at home and went in with just the E-M5 and a few choice lenses. I ended up placing 2nd in Wildflowers with the Lensbaby and E-M5. The rest with the 75-300mm Oly.

BWF111-X2.

BHA2111-X2.

P6030006-X2.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    :bravo-009:
    Just to be very clear, the OM-D didn't place in the competition, the images YOU made with the OM-D placed in the competition. Don't let that new toy of yours hog all the credit for your fine work.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Not to hijack this thread, but which model of Lensbaby do you have? I've been curious about them for a while, but I'm a bit confused by their various offerings. I think I'd lean toward the "Tilt Transformer" which as I understand it you mount Nikon F lenses on, but that model no longer appears on their website which leads me to believe it is no longer being made.

4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Very creative use of the lensbaby, it's a superb image and I'm not surprised by your success. :smile:

Edit: The other two aren't bad either!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Really fine shots!

6. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Well done...the bird is stunning.

7. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I am using the Tilt Transformer but I understand they discontinued it in favor of a regular m4/3 LB. i started with a Nikon LB on an adapter, but sold it and got dedicated M4/3 model. I love it. IBIS and evf work well for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Beautiful shot of the bird, you can really feel the piercing gaze in that one.