1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 places in photo competition

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by OdzBodkinz, Jun 8, 2012.

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I attended the annual Grandfather Mtn Nature Photography weekend near Boone, NC last weekend. I decided to leave the heavy Nikkors at home and went in with just the E-M5 and a few choice lenses. I ended up placing 2nd in Wildflowers with the Lensbaby and E-M5. The rest with the 75-300mm Oly.

BWF111-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BHA2111-X2.jpg

P6030006-X2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    :bravo-009:
    Just to be very clear, the OM-D didn't place in the competition, the images YOU made with the OM-D placed in the competition. Don't let that new toy of yours hog all the credit for your fine work.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Not to hijack this thread, but which model of Lensbaby do you have? I've been curious about them for a while, but I'm a bit confused by their various offerings. I think I'd lean toward the "Tilt Transformer" which as I understand it you mount Nikon F lenses on, but that model no longer appears on their website which leads me to believe it is no longer being made.

4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Very creative use of the lensbaby, it's a superb image and I'm not surprised by your success. :smile:

Edit: The other two aren't bad either!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Really fine shots!

6. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Well done...the bird is stunning.

7. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I am using the Tilt Transformer but I understand they discontinued it in favor of a regular m4/3 LB. i started with a Nikon LB on an adapter, but sold it and got dedicated M4/3 model. I love it. IBIS and evf work well for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Beautiful shot of the bird, you can really feel the piercing gaze in that one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.