1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 Picture Mode

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mronen, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Hello,

I have the E-M5 for two years now and only shoot RAW, so I was never worried about 'Picture Mode' setting. It's 'Natural 3', and never tried to change it. I know it does not apply to RAW, but I want to experiment now with options 1, 2, 4 and 5 (Vivid, etc.). However, I cannot change it. I only have 'Natural 3' or 'Art' option, via the menu or the 'Super Control Panel', even if I change the 'Rec Mode' to JPEG or RAW+JPEG.

The Manual, didn't help. I run firmware version 2.0, and do not use 'Touch' options.

Thanks,
    Moshe

2. I'm pretty sure it is in the manual. You must have turned those options off and forgotten about it. What you want is set in:

Custom Menu --> D. Disp / (Sound) / PC --> Picture Mode Settings

Turn whichever options you want back to 'On'.

3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Mu-43 Regular

I uses a free app called "instant raw from jpeg" that extracts the preview jpeg from the raw file and the preview jpeg as far as i know is affected by the picture mode setting, and it can be very handy if you need a quick jpeg of the raw as i only takes seconds to extract an entire directory full of raw files i have been using it for years.

http://michaeltapesdesign.com/instant-jpeg-from-raw.html

John.

4. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Thanks wjiang, found it! And it works!

Moshe

5. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Thanks John, I use this app and indeed it is useful!

Moshe

6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Mu-43 Regular

Some camera`s have a full size preview jpeg embedded which is great, it has a small file size but the quality is good for emailing ect, some camera`s have a lower resolution image embedded which is not as useful.

John.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.