E-M5 pauses after pic is taken

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mr. Joe, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Mr. Joe

Mr. Joe Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2016
    Joe Hartbank
    Hello all, I've got what may be a simple question but searching has come up with nothing.

I've got an E-M5 that I'm learning to use....when I take a pic there is about a 2-3 sec pause before it appears...the screen goes black. Is this normal?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Zancrow

Zancrow Mu-43 Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    Are you shooting in Aperture priority, Shutter priority or manual? Could be that your shutter speed is more than 1 second or you have antishock set to 1-2 seconds

3. What shutter speed and anti-shock delay have you set? If either you have a multi-second shutter speed or multi-second anti-shock delay the screen will go dark for the duration of the multi-second interval between front curtain open to front curtain release.

4. Mr. Joe

Mr. Joe Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2016
    Joe Hartbank
    Hmm...Looks like i fixed it...It was happening in all modes, with fast shutter speeds. I switched from single shot to Low speed multi and it seemed to fix it. Is that normal?

5. Did you switch it to low speed burst with or without anti-shock? You might have just turned anti-shock off in doing so. Did you confirm whether you had anti-shock on or not?

6. Mr. Joe

Mr. Joe Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2016
    Joe Hartbank
    The Anti-shock is off...but I didn't check it before I switched to low. I'll remember the tip for in the future...thanks!

7. You can also just reduce the anti-shock interval to minimum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.