1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M5 owners selling Olympus Pens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dave92029, Aug 29, 2012.

1. dave92029

dave92029 Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    I just received my E-M5 and was thinking about selling my E-PL2.

Are new E-M5 owners selling or keeping their previous Oly Pen's?

What is a fair price for a used E-PL2 with just over 6,000 activations?

On my local Craigslist, I'm receiving offers of $200 for the E-PL2 w/14-42mm lens. I'm asking $265. What's realistic?:confused: 

2. rwisem

rwisem Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2012
    Sequim, Washington, USA
    Roger Wiseman
    Your pricing looks close to me. Body should be $150 to $170 and lens $80 to $95.

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Well Cameta currently has refurb E-PL2 kits going for $299.95 shipped with a 1-yr warranty. A new, black body only is $249.95.

I have an E-PM1 kit (Cameta refurb), and the prices are dropping so quickly it's practically worthless on the used market. I'm keeping it, but it doesn't see much use now that I have the E-M5. :smile:

4. rameshsa

rameshsa Mu-43 Rookie

May 18, 2012
    I bought a new PL2 body from Cameta for USD 249 without lens

5. leejinwen

leejinwen New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2012
    convert it to IR

6. UncleVito

UncleVito Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 2, 2012
    Belgium
    My E-PL2 is a keeper. When the E-M5 arrived, my wife decided to go 'Pen'.
    I wanted to sell it first, but the (few) money I would get for it would not make up for the fun she has with it.
    And... it's always good to have a backup camera.
    Have a nice day!

7. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    I gave my wife the epm1 when gx1 was coming, bought her a 14-150 to go with,
    But if you want to move it used you have to discount fairly heavily

8. Chris Malikoff

Chris Malikoff Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    I actually bought an E-PL2 because I'd just bought into the Olympus MFT system with the OM-D. I needed a second body with me on the streets and the E-PL2 is a great fit. You certainy see how much more advanced the newer camera is when you do this.

9. stonetape72

stonetape72 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Keeping my E-PL1 as a backup - not worth selling for the little money I'd get for it, besides I still love it.

10. Stonehollow

Stonehollow Guest

My sister is getting mine.

11. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Hopefully the OM-D will drive down EVF2/3 prices for us bottom feeders as well. :) 

12. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    I "gave" (asked for $200...but haven't received it yet) my epm1 to a friend with the kit lens, and a threw in the 14mm pancake for good measure. I probably would have asked $300-350 if I was going to sell to a stranger.

13. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Has anyone done this with a PEN camera? If so, how was it done.

thanks!

14. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Kept my E-PL1 camera and the 14-42 and 40-150 lenses as my backup kit. It's good to have a backup body on hand, one never knows when the OM-D will need to go in for repair.

The lenses I could do without, but their resale value is so low I decide to keep them with the E-PL1. The E-PL1 gear is in a separate bag, and I trip the shutter each month and charge the batteries to keep the moving bits and pieces moving.

Regards,

Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.