E-M5 movie mode?

AlanU

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm just curious what people are setting the E-m5 in movie mode. In "A" mode there is very little options. Using C-AF w/ tracking I find the shallow dof missing the subject often. Partially actuating the shutter button locks on but the hunting for focus is quite distracting.

Anyone have suggestions??? My Panny LX5 in movie mode has deeper dof and the AF point is not so erratic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kshiz

Mu-43 Regular
What aperture are you using? Stopping down will give you a larger depth of field in movies aswell.

M4/3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm no expert and have had the camera only a week, but I've had no automatic focusing or shallow depth of field trouble when I used aperture priority f5.6 to 9.0 and C-AF WITHOUT tracking. Here's one I shot today in C-AF WITHOUT tracking:
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhkqhl-g5w]bee - YouTube[/ame]

AlanU

Mu-43 Veteran
shoot in manual...thats how pro's shoot video.....oh and learn how to edit

K

Yes I fully agree with you. However I've never really thought about diving into the realm of video. I own 2x 5dmk2 but will never use the video capabilities due to lack of image stabilization and not willing to buy steady cam gear.

The E-M5 is intended for non professional casual use with acceptably high IQ. I'm really diggin' the E-M5. Short video clips is documentation of my 2 little kids. I've been using my panasonic LX5 for 720 clips.

Hopefully Oly adds 24fps to their video. The 30fps for documentation pro use would produce camcorder style clips rather than smooth. I may just buy a gh2 or gh3 :) (when its out) if oly doesn't invest in newer firmware for video improvements.

I just want decent AF in a small package for casual use.

Latest threads

Top Bottom