E-M5 MKII beep keeps resetting

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by groan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. groan

groan Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Marc
    Hey all, first time poster, long time lurker.

I just bought this camera body yesterday and the strangest thing keeps happening. I hat ethe focus beep and have disabled it but while I'm flipping through options it will reset and come back on.
    I have not done a full reset of the mysets, just basic reset.
    I have turned it of, powered down the camera and repeated done this and it does not come back on, but occasionally, even while i'm using it, it starts beeping again. It is on the current firmware.

Thoughts?

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

When you've disabled the beep did you follow the setting by pressing the OK button to lock it in? The other thing that might be happening could be your hand is getting near the EVF sensor & momentarily changing to EVF & back to Live View again. When that happens it goes to shooting mode & that can happen while viewing photos too. Holding down EVF/Fn3 button & changing the setting (followed by OK button) will allow you to turn off Auto EVF function if that becomes necessary.

3. groan

groan Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Marc
    Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I did set it with the 'OK'. It stays set for most of the time, but since I've owned it, it has reset to the On setting twice.

I don't quite understand how the EVF has anything to do with the beep resetting itself.