E-M5 Mark III: FREE 45mm Lens, Save £100 + FREE Battery

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
This is awesome, though it’s telling how badly they need to update their 1.8 primes that they’re offering their camera that is billed partially on its weather sealing but can’t even offer an affordable lens for it that’s weather sealed for the promotion 🤣

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is awesome, though it’s telling how badly they need to update their 1.8 primes that they’re offering their camera that is billed partially on its weather sealing but can’t even offer an affordable lens for it that’s weather sealed for the promotion 🤣
That would have been nice! Honestly, weather sealing isn't a big deal for me but the Oly 45mm is my all time favourite lens on any system and one of the main reasons I returned to M43. The extra battery is nice to have too.

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
That would have been nice! Honestly, weather sealing isn't a big deal for me but the Oly 45mm is my all time favourite lens on any system and one of the main reasons I returned to M43. The extra battery is nice to have too.
Oh hardcore agree, I love 45/1.8. Just funny, because a really huge reason to upgrade from the 10 to the 5 is the WR (well maybe not with the 5.3 10.3 but with the 5 and 10 generally), but the cheapest WR lens Olympus has is worth half as much as the body itself so they could never really use it in a promotion. I’d do a lot of things for a 45/1.8 that’s maybe 10% bigger in exchange for WR 😍😍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realise that I'm very much in the minority here but....

The main reason to return to the diminutive M43 format was the opportunity to replace the DSLR, the compact and the HD camcorder with a single, 'all-rounder' camera. I'm as much a videographer as photographer and I want 4K.

I also want the Mark iii's (allegedly) vastly improved focusing which I hope will give me a fighting chance of capturing images of a perpetually dancing daughter and a warp factor 11 speed dog.

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
I realise that I'm very much in the minority here but....

The main reason to return to the diminutive M43 format was the opportunity to replace the DSLR, the compact and the HD camcorder with a single, 'all-rounder' camera. I'm as much a videographer as photographer and I want 4K.

I also want the Mark iii's (allegedly) vastly improved focusing which I hope will give me a fighting chance of capturing images of a perpetually dancing daughter and a warp factor 11 speed dog.
Nothing wrong with that! It’s just a slightly de-hp E-M1.2 processing system with the 1.2 sensor/phase array so it definitely has the AF you need. That’s part of why I said the Mark iii changes the game. For the 10.2 and the 5.2, the real difference was WR, since they both had the same sensor and similar stabilization, and that was the difference that defined the two models for the first gen as well. Now with the 10.3 moving downmarket with the dumbed down features and the 5.3 moving upmarket with the 1.2’s AF system, I actually think there might be a hole (Pen F 2 maybe?) for a WR version of the 10 or Pen F where you don’t need High Res, in camera stacking, etc, but you want a rugged WR body with all the standard fully featured stuff that was pulled from the 10.3. Really you can’t lose though, I got the 1.2 instead of the 10.3 since it was even cheaper and has the same AF with better burst performance 😂 🤷‍♂️ They’re pretty much all great.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom