1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-M5 Live Time display stops updating.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ian., Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    When using Live Time mode for long exposures, I noticed it stops updating the display after about 18 seconds. It should keep updating it until the exposure is stopped. The actual final exposure is OK. And is different from what is shown during shooting. E.G. Firing a flash in the scene after it stops updating does not affect the displayed image. But the flash is evident in the final picture.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? Have I got some wrong setting.

2. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    I believe there is a certain number of updates it does (it is not unlimited) and it is indicated in one of the settings screens. I do not have my E-M1 right now (it is the same from the perspective to (E-M5) but it is in the menu.

3. JamieW

JamieW Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    It will update 24 times. You can go into the settings and tell it how much time you want between each update, so you kinda need to have an idea how long of an exposure you're going for.

For instance, if you set it to 4s, then it's 24 updates at 4s intervals, so your last update update will come at 96s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    MAXIMUM!

The number of updates depends on other camera settings, but as this is all explained in the camera's manual there's no need to explain it here.

5. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Thanks. Menu > cog E. > Live TIME.
    I'm relieved its not broken but disappointed it is limited.
    I wonder why this is limited?