1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M5: Image Review not Showing on LCD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CWRailman, Oct 22, 2015.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I just took delivery of a low mileage previously owned E-M5 and 12-50mm kit zoom to go along with my E-M10’s. When I take a shot using the EVF the review of that image can be reviewed via the EVF but does not show up on the back LCD screen. When I take a shot using the Live View LCD, the review image shows up on the LCD screen. Is there some way to get shots done with the EVF to show up immediately for review on the LCD. That is how my E-M10’s and every other digital camera I have ever had work and I think I have the settings for both cameras as close as possible but I may have missed something. I currently have the review display time set for 5 seconds until I figure this out.

I thought I read a thread about this issue but I did a search and it did not show up.

By the way, though I have read some posts stating that the E-M5 is larger than the E-M10, the difference in size is so small it’s absolutely insignificant.

2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    There is an option in the gears menu, or just do a factory reset. I disabled the default preview, because it slows me down and I can just press play if I need to review it.

3. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    The only option I can find in the gears menu is to change the time or to shut off the review completely. Where is the setting to have the image review show up on the LCD when using the EVF?

4. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sorry, but the E-M5 is now in the 'old' category unfortunately & some things that appear on later models just wasn't (or couldn't be) changed on the E-M5 & that is one of them. The review only occurs on whichever (EVF or screen) is being used at the time.

5. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I guess I will just have to adapt to that strange quirk however I serious doubt the E-M5 can be classified as OLD. Maybe superseded but definitely not OLD.

6. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Did you try pushing the little button on the RH side of the viewfinder?

7. Ross the fiddler

Yes, superseded would be a much better description. I still use the E-M5 with the E-M1 & just have to use each with what they are capable of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Yes I did thank you and it cycles me from EVF to LCD and if I hold it down it gives me the opportunity to shut off the eye that transfers from one to the other but it does nothing that I can see to let me view the shots taken with the EVF on the LCD like I do on my E-M10.

9. Ross the fiddler

The other limitation of the E-M5 is that it isn't possible to 'Play' back the images in the EVF as the later models do. :frown: Just something else that wasn't given to us in a possible firmware update. :shakehead: Them's the breaks! :wink: