E-M5 III - first outing

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Today was my first day of trials for the new E-M5 III. I purposely went to one of my usual venues for trying out new camera equipment, The Selby Botanical Gardens in Sarasota Florida. This orchid-centric research garden always provides a variety of interesting subjects, both inside and out. I mounted my 14-150 f/4-5.6 for the entire shoot and shot both without and with the little OEM flash that comes with the camera. I used S-AF + MF and C-AF at 1/2500 sec for the bugs and bees on flowers swaying in the onshore breeze. I am very pleased with the results and think the E-M5 III will make a nice companion camera to my E-M1 II.

Here's few images from today.
PB240062-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PB240127-1.jpg

PB240148-1.jpg

PB240231-1.jpg

PB240268-1.jpg

PB240350-1.jpg

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
You should have come up to New England to test it out. Rain all day. So great day to test out the weather sealing! :roflmao:

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice photos. Shows not just how good the E-M5.3 can be, but the 14-150mm too.
I have had the 14-150 II for a number of years now, and used it with a lot of different Olympus bodies. For some reason my copy of this lens seems to be exceptionally sharp with this new E-M5 III. This is the only lens I have shot with the E-M5 II so hopefully my other lenses will fare as well.

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi, nice pictures :)
Are these SOOC jpegs?

Your copy to the O14-150II seems to be very sharp. I own the O14-150II myself and while like it as a do-it-all lens and like for hiking/trekking/travel/out-and-about stuff it's not the sharpest...

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi, nice pictures :)
Are these SOOC jpegs?

Your copy to the O14-150II seems to be very sharp. I own the O14-150II myself and while like it as a do-it-all lens and like for hiking/trekking/travel/out-and-about stuff it's not the sharpest...
As I noted in my previous post, my 14-150 seems to get exceptionally good results with this new E-M 5.3. Maybe some lenses just match up better with some camera bodies.

The last image of the orange flowers was from an LSF JPEG. All the rest were from Raw, converted in Workspace and further processed in Lightroom.

robcee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob Campbell
OK.....the blue frog is part of the holiday decorations put out by the gardens for their evening light shows.
aha! I scrolled past it initially and thought something was weird about it. When I went back and looked more closely I wondered if you’d edited that in as some “additional wildlife”. Gave me a good chuckle. :)

Huislaw

Mu-43 Regular
Did you test how long can the battery last for video shooting?
On my E-M5 Mark II, the battery lasts only 1 hour+ when shooting concert :crying:
Wonder if Mark III has better power consumption.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom