E-M5 II real world battery life: pretty great

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tlovegrove, Apr 11, 2015.

1. tlovegrove

tlovegrove Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Southern California
    I've seen the bad press about the E-M5 II battery life, but today I shot a music studio recital:
    90 minutes with live view on nearly the entire time
    IS on the entire time
    writing JPG+RAW
    1,552 shots later still using the first battery

I think that will do just fine!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    I haven't had an issue with my battery either.
  3. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    Same results for me, 3h shooting and few times turning camera off for few minutes but capturing total ~1400 frames per battery.

I would not say it is a problematic at all. As I like as well recharge battery after every day of use.
  4. ThereAndBackAgain

ThereAndBackAgain Fighting GAS

May 26, 2014
    North Devon, England
    If these results are typical (and why would they not be?) this is an enormous improvement and may increase professional uptake of the system.
  5. lomomentum

lomomentum Mu-43 Regular

I too am happy with battery life - but then again, I do occasionally use the battery grip and I have other spares.
  6. peteandthira

peteandthira Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 27, 2013
    Another happy customer here, regarding battery life. My LCD is permanently closed and the EVF auto switch on. Just like the old OM-1!

I even prefer viewing photos on the card using the EVF, because then I don't have to find my reading glasses. Loads of battery life by doing that, although I have yet to count how many shots I can take.
  7. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    If you look in dark the rear screen you find it isn't totally shut off but has a backlighting, weak but still there. I hope one day or can be totally turned off to give little more better energy savings.
  8. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    My battery life is very variable. I shot a footrace last Sunday - 2000 largest size JPEG shots and two batteries. I was surprised and happy with that. But then I have days like today where it seems I get fewer than 100 shots (RAW). I have two spare batteries.